Thursday, November 27, 2008

Stuffed and Sleepy

Ahhh, Thanksgiving Day is just about over. All of the family have gone home, Fischer is in bed, Andy is watching football, and I am here making darn sure that I blog every single day this month. I think I might get a badge or something. totally worth it ;).

Today was really fun. Fischer and I started the day with friends and a 5K... in the rain, it was great. Some of our friends even broke their own personal records! You go girls! I walked and ran with Sheila and her sister while pushing Fisch in the stroller. it was great to chat and to just be outside doing something before all of the eating begins!

Later Andy and I got the house cleaned up and the food cooked for Turkey Day. My parents, Andy's Mom, sister, brother-in-law, and brother came over. We had a great time, pretty relaxing... I've never had such a small Thanksgiving party since I met Andy, but it was really quite pleasant. Although, of course we missed all of the relatives who couldn't be with us.

Now the day is over and I am ready for bed. Sorry for the dull post, I'm too sleepy too be interesting. I will say that I am so very thankful for family and friends. They are the people who lift me up and move me forward. I'm also thankful for my own tiny family - my incredible husband, sweet boy, and loyal dogs. They make our home a home. I am truly blessed.

2 comments:

Craft Matters said...

Hope it's not too late to say Happy Thanksgiving to you. Hope you had a lovely time. :)

Anonymous said...

The run was a lot of fun... if not a bit damp! When I finished I was absolutely soaked. I distinctly remember telling Mother Nature no rain or snow but my request obviously fell on deaf ears. It sounds like your Thanksgiving was really nice and calm.