Friday, November 14, 2008

Book of the Day

Fischer, Andy and I have been happily gobbling up a feast of Thanksgiving books for the past two weeks. I have to say that Fischer's and my favorite is I know and Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie by Alison Jackson and Judy Schachner. If you couldn't guess, it follows the idea and rhythm of the original "I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly" song and story. This story stars a hungry old lady eating up the entire Thanksgiving feast dish by dish until her body becomes enormous and blob-like (especially compared to her teeny tiny little boots). it is definitely a fun one. I like to sing it (even if I am tone-deaf) and Andy likes to read it. Either way Fischer just loves to hear it. We won't give away the ending... because as you know full well "perhaps she'll die".



I found lots and lots of lesson plans crafts and activities about this book on the following great sites:

Click around till you find what you like in the subject you want to target.

1 comment:

Craft Matters said...

Oooh - thanks for the links - they look interesting.