Saturday, October 18, 2008

Look what we missed!

Did you know about this? I didn't!

This site spends one week a year raising money for breast cancer research. During a specific week in October (Breast Cancer Awareness Month), people send in pictures of their "racks" and/or monetary donations to fund raise for a cure. I think in the past they have gotten some negative feedback, but in 7 years they've raised over $50,000.00 - they shut everyone up!

Go poke around over there... go ahead and peruse the photo gallery - you know your curious... I'll admit that I looked at all the pics. Be aware that you'll be looking at all kinds of boobies - covered and uncovered, even man-boobies (because after all they get breast cancer too).

I cannot believe it! Talk about a FABULOUS fundraiser idea!!! Why didn't I think of this? Oh yeah... because I'd never submit a picture for it! - Or would I? Hmm, we shall see next year.

I'll remind you about it next year, in case you are interested. What do you think about this? Is it offensive to you or smart and original or what?

Read more about the history of the Boobie-Thon here, it all started in 2002. This year, in one week they raised $9,300.00, not bad, not bad at all.

What can you do while you wait for next October? Well after you buy new bras and get your own boobies in photo-shape, you can click, click, click to give free mammograms.

The Breast Cancer Site


AND - don't forget to do your self breast exams AND don't forget what we've learned from Toddler Planet about Inflammatory Breast Cancer and NO lumps!

No comments: