Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Jim Gill is good family fun

photo by Ralph Weisheit


Jim Gill leads concerts of music & playthroughout the country at schools,
libraries and theaters.A concert with Jim Gill is an active sing-along and
clap-along. Jim bangs out energetic rhythms on his banjo while everyone sings,
claps, jumps, dances and even sneezes along.

My mom and I took Fischer and BFF to a Jim Gill concert recently and it was SO much fun! They loved it! They danced and sang and jumped and hugged and had a fabulous evening. It was really crowded so I didn't get very good pictures, but I wish I'd had my video camera because it was sooo cute! Jim did an awesome job of engaging his jam-packed audience of little ones. Everybody seemed to be having a fantastic time groovin' with him.
I guess you can pick up his CDs at your local library, I have to check it out. You can also buy them on his website or at his concerts. I think his music is perfect for little ones and/or for classrooms who have students who need a lot of actions and interactive songs to keep their students' attention. I would have loved to use this with both my second graders and my students with special needs - who were a little bit older.

No comments: