Saturday, March 8, 2008

Save the World On Saturday

I can't go another day without talking about Team in Training. I have had the pleasure of being part of this exceptional organization over the past 4 or 5 months. Here is how it works:

  1. You decide that you'd like to try training for an endurance event - like a marathon, half marathon, triathlon, cycle tour...etc.

  2. You feel like you'd like to do your event for a charity.

  3. You sign up for Team in Training (TNT) to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS).

  4. You meet a bunch of fabulous new friends and coaches who help you train for your event.

  5. You raise money for LLS.

  6. You come away with the satisfaction of completing a major athletic event, having helped raise money to cure blood cancers, and some really great new friends.

  7. Sound fabulous? It is! I DEFINITELY recommend it!

I have thoroughly enjoyed this experience. I have already raised over $2000 and today, I RAN EIGHTEEN MILES! I am training for the Salt Lake Marathon. It is on April 19th. If you'd like to do something like this, click the TNT link above. Let me assure you that I was not in any shape or form an athlete prior to this, and honestly do not have the shape or form of an athlete now! However, I am strong, the human body is amazing, the cause is worthy, and I CAN DO THIS!


If you would not like to joint just yet, it took me 2 years to make the decision, but you'd still like to do your part...click here. You can go to my fundraising page and join my friends, family and other people's friends and family and make a donation. All of the money goes to research for the cure of blood cancers and for patient stipends. Thank you.


Usually, I try to save the world with very little time or money, but this one is worth it!




No comments: