Monday, June 30, 2008

Purging Pigeon

Another bird rescue. Last night we got a call from my parents' neighbor that they could see a bird in my parents' bedroom window. My parents are out of town, so we rushed to the rescue.
Sure enough, standing on one foot on the king-sized bed was a pigeon! Upon seeing us, it immediately started flinging itself at the window (it does have 2 feet, but obviously one may have been injured). Andy opened the sliding glass door to the balcony and it flew out... but not before I took a quick pic!
I think it came through the chimney, there was a feather behind the fireplace screen. Sure this was a one person job, but who doesn't love a bit of drama. It took Andy, me, the neighbor and Fischer to really purge the pigeon from the bedroom. Miraculously I couldn't find any bird poop ... anywhere!
Doesn't it's face look a bit mischevious or at least possibly tickled by the spectacle it has created?

No comments: