Wednesday, May 21, 2008

ONE


I've just signed the ONE Declaration committing myself to help fight the
emergency of global AIDS and extreme poverty. I'm asking you to make that
commitment, too, by adding your voice. I think your name belongs on that
declaration, too. You can put it there by visiting:
http://www.one.org/declare/ ONE is a new
effort by Americans to rally Americans - one by one. So far, over two million
have signed the declaration in support of a historic pact for compassion and
justice to help the poorest people of the world. Together as ONE we can make a
difference!
Thanks!


I was inspired to make a difference after looking at James Nachtwey's piercing photos on famine. His photographs are very moving and upsetting, so keep that in mind before you click. (Click on the famine gallery, although all are worth seeing.)


"I have been a witness, and these pictures are
my
testimony. The events I have recorded should
not be forgotten and must not be
repeated."
-James Nachtwey-

No comments: