Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Kid swap!

Can I just tell you that I love that one of my best friends (we'll call her Sheila) has a daughter the same age as Fischer. This is so fabulous because the two kids play well together, learn about and practice sharing together and are starting to converse with each other! BUT the very best part, is that Sheila and I try to swap kids every week. I'll take her daughter to my house to play with Fisch all day, and then later in the week she takes Fisch to play all day! It is FABULOUS! It is a real sanity saver for everyone involved. Here are just a few of the benefits:
  1. The moms get a day to ourselves, to do whatever we need/want.
  2. The kids get to play with their best friend and their friend's toys.
  3. I get to have a really close relationship with her daughter and she gets to have the same with Fisch. Which means, that is another adult that he can go to if he ever needs help and cannot tell me or Andy. Awesome.
  4. The kids get a break from their own nagging mom. Their own mom's gross food and their own boring toys.
  5. There are tons of reasons why this is good, I definitely recommend a regular child swap!

No comments: